Although dogs aren’t allowed in our main building – with the exception of assistance dogs – there are several places they can visit on and off site:
Forester’s Bar terrace
Dogs are welcome on the terrace just outside Forester’s Bar. It’s a great place to relax, enjoy a drink and have something to eat on site – both for you and your dog!
Whitemead’s Furry Friends Play Park
We will be having an enclosed area where your pet can run free and enjoy a fun-filled obstacle course to burn off their energy. You’ll find it close to The Meadow.
Beechenhurst lies in the heart of the forest and is a great place to start your adventure. Discover the sculpture trail, play area, Go Ape treetop adventure trail, climbing tower and the café, which offers a wide range of
The Fountain Inn
Just a five-minute walk from the site, the Fountain is an award-winning pub, dog-friendly and well known locally for its excellent meals and real ales.
Nagshead Nature Reserve
Nagshead is an RSPB nature reserve managed in partnership with Forestry England. Ideal for birdwatching and wildlife spotting, there are woodland walks and ponds, and you can start this trail right on your doorstep at Whitemead.
Beautiful lakeside location in the Forest of Dean, popular for walking, with lots of picnic benches, nearby cycle paths, a café and the Go Ape treetop trail.
You’re welcome to walk your dog in any outside areas of the park, but please keep them on a short leash for the safety of our other guests. To maintain the grounds and gardens across the site and the local area, we ask that you take poo bags with you – there are bins situated right across the site.
If you’d like to let your dog off the lead, we have our Furry Friends Play Park and there are many woodland areas surrounding the park where you’re welcome to let them go for a run. Guest Services can assist with walking maps for the local area.
After a day of fun for your dog, a visit to the dog wash situated at the top toilet block will help keep muddy paw prints to a minimum.
Please remember to bring your dog’s bedding as dogs aren’t allowed on the furniture, sofas or in the bedrooms. If you do intend leaving your dog unattended at any point, we suggest bringing a cage or crate for them while you’re out.
Assistance dogs are exempt from additional charges and are welcome inside our main building. If you do wish to bring your assistance dog, please let us know when you book and remember to bring documentation to show that your dog is a registered assistance dog when you enter the main building.
Terms and conditions
- There’s a maximum of two dogs in any accommodation unit and some restrictions may apply. Please ask for a pet-friendly unit when you book
- Any pet-free unit found to have been occupied by a pet following your departure will result in a charge of £100 being made for full cleaning of the unit
- Whitemead Forest Park cannot accept any dogs included in the Dangerous Dogs Act. These are Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Filo Brasilero
- Please make sure your dog is properly supervised during your stay and does not cause a nuisance or threat to guests or staff at the park
- Any damage caused by dogs will incur a charge
- Please do not take pets into any indoor public areas